Bill has broad professional experience in general management, mergers and acquisitions, strategic planning and finance. After spending twenty-five years with two major corporations—PHH Group Inc. (Financial Services) and McCormick & Company (Food), The Tidewater Group was founded by Mr. Zimmerman in June 1995. Some of their professional assignments include:
- General Management: Responsibilities for the two operating units of McCormick & Co., comprising the Ethnic Food Group. The operations included a joint venture with Mexican partners.
- Acquisitions and divestitures:
- PHH Group (a Fortune 100 financial services firm). Significant transactions included acquisitions of financial service companies in the U.S. and Europe and a divestiture in South Africa.
- McCormick & Company: Multiple acquisitions in the United States, Europe and South America. The acquisitions included McCormick’s largest acquisition — Patterson-Jenks was a publicly listed company located in London, with sales in the UK and Europe.
- Tidewater Group Inc: Tidewater Group has represented buyers and sellers in over 70 transactions in the United States and Canada. Over 90% of these transactions have been in the food industry with sales primarily from $3 million to $50 million.
- Strategic Planning responsibilities: Included the development and implementation of the planning process at both PHH Group and McCormick and Co. McCormick expanded the strategic plan for its International operations, particularly Europe, Asia, and South America. The plan directly led to major acquisitions in England and France, and Brazil.
- Financing responsibilities: Have included the placing of an $800 million credit with a consortium of eight U.S. & European Banks as well as initiating, a commercial paper and Eurodollar facility of more than $600 million.
- Bill has an undergraduate degree in Economics from Mt. St. Mary’s College in Emmitsburg, Md.
- An MBA, with distinction, was conferred by New York University.
Inside information from Bill Zimmerman
You’re on your way to getting valuable information about building your specialty food business. Download Bill’s guide The Divestiture Process for FREE.