Seminar by Barbara Langdon, Constant Contact and Social Media Guru
Where to get ideas for content?
- FAQ by your clients, stakeholders, and constituents
- Write for your audience, not for yourself
- Case studies are GREAT
How do I get my email opened?
- Limit the subject line to 5-7 words
- Use numbers in the subject line: Like 5 Ways to Win Big; 7 Foods to Lose Weight
- Make images clickable; Millennials click on pics
- Add text to your pictures
- Check out ReallyGoodEmails.com
- Provide a “nugget” and a link to your blog for the whole content
How often should I email?
- Monthly is good
- Then post it to your blog so Goggle can “read” it
- Most email is read on mobile devices, so be sure it is optimized for reading on a small screen. All content should be legible above the scroll. No scrolling needed to read the Logo/Picture, Message, Content (3 lines) and then the call to action/click here.
How often should I post on Facebook and LinkedIn?
- 3-5 times per week
- Google takes away credit if you post the same content to your web site as well as FB and LinkedIn, so change the heading, or extract a particular point to emphasize
- You can likely turn one blog into 2-3 posts by breaking it up.
- Check out http://www.SocialMediaExaminer.com/
Stats on unsubscribing:
- 38% leave because the content is boring
- 32% complain that content is irrelevant and report as SPAM
- Only have ONE clickable action per email….Constant Contact has stats that this provides the best response rate
- Social media engagement: sharing, liking, commenting
- Email: click through to web site, action item/purchase, full content
- Fresh content on your web site/blog: Google SEO